Below are 📚books we have been enjoying reading during the 🎄Christmas 🎅🏻 Holidays.
Books by Lori Evert (left column):
Rudolph series by Robert May (middle column):
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer 📚 book (Part I) (buy here); see a📎 link to a blog post 👇below or here,
- Rudolph Shines Again (Part II) (buy here).
Books by Jan Brett (right column):
- Home for Christmas (buy here),
- The Hat book (buy here); see a📎 link to a blog post 👇below or here,
- The Mitten Book - absolute Winter favorite! (buy here); see a📎 link to a blog post 👇below or here.
More 🎄Holidays Inspired 📚Books (left to right, top to bottom):
- Little 💙Blue Truck's 🎄Christmas (buy here); see a📎 link to a blog post 👇below or here,
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Lift-the-Tab (buy here); see a📎 link to a blog post 👇below or here,
- Reindolphins: A Christmas Tale (buy here),
- How to Catch an Elf (buy here),
- PAW Patrol: The Night Before Christmas (buy here) - Adrian loves all the flaps and Paw Patrol are his currently favorite characters!
- Polar Express 30th Anniversary Edition (buy here).
Do you 🎉celebrate The ❄️Winter solstice — also known as Yule, Midwinter, the Shortest 🌅Day of the Year and the Longest 🌌Night! This holiday, (which lands usually on December 21st) is a great opportunity to bring out a 🌏globe and a 🔦flashlight and discuss the sun, the seasons, the tilt of the 🌏 Earth and so much more!
🌬Winter 🌅 Solstice Books:
- The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice book (buy here) has lots of fun activities you can do with your kiddo such as determining the positioning of the ☀️ on the 🌅horizon by measuring a shadow, 🖍sketching the positioning of the sun ☀️ by using a compass and more;
- The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the Winter Solstice (buy here) is a wonderful collection of stories honoring the winter solstice, but for an older child - 8 yo and up.
These are 🔍 some of our favorite❄️Winter books:
- Ice Is Nice!: All About the North and South Poles, Cat in the Hat's Learning Library (buy here),
- Winter, First Step Nonfiction (buy here),
- Winter Wonderland, Picture the Seasons (buy here) is an amazing book written by Winter with humorous text and gorgeous photography,
- The Secret Life of a Snowflake book (buy here); read a post about it here,
- Merry Christmas, Squirrels! (buy here).
- Red and Lulu (buy here) is a great story about two red cardinal birds and a Rockefeller Center Tree in Manhattan;
- The Nutcracker Ballet (buy here),
- Our American Holidays: Their Meaning and Spirit (buy here).
Julia has been playing a part in a Nutcracker ballet for the past two years, and these Glass Ballet Slipper ornament (buy here) now decorate our tree.
Below are 📎 links to posts when we brought 📚books to life with small world invitations to read.
See here "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer 📚•🎅🏻 Holiday 📖 Reading ✨Collection."
See here Rudolph's Lift -The-Flap book inspired "Skip Counting by 2️⃣" Math Activity.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Lift-the-Tab (buy here).
See here "The Mitten Book ❄️ Winter Favorite 📖Reading 📚Collection."
See here "The Hat Book ❄️ Winter 📖 Reading Collection."
See here "Little 💙Blue Truck's 🎄Christmas • A Holiday 💎Gem 📚Book."
What Holiday 📚books are your favorite?
See here the roundup of activities we have done in the month of December "🎄Christmas Inspired Unit Study."