Finally, we made no-cook homemade play dough inspired by so many talented Mamas. This particular recipe is by Imagination Tree House (see here). I will keep you up with updates as to how well the dough stores.
What you will need (double up if you would like to make more):
- 1 cup of white all-purpose flour,
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil,
- 1/4 cup of salt,
- 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar,
- 3/4 cups of boiling water (adding in increments),
- food coloring (we are using this neon food coloring set),
- 1 tsp of glycerine for shine,
- we also added Lavender essential oil to add some olfactory dimension to our play dough (do omit it if you have smaller children who might otherwise put play dough in the mouth, since other than this ingredient, the playdough is safe if ingested).
How to make your play dough:
- mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl,
- stir in water continuously until it becomes a sticky combined mixture,
- add the glycerine to give your dough a nice shine,
- add essential oil (optional),
- allow the dough to cool down and then knead it for few minutes until all of the stickiness has gone (add more flour if it is too sticky).
See here our playdough in action in a post "No-Cook Homemade Play Dough 🎄Christmas Tree DIY Craft."
For more on color mixing, see here a video-post "👔 Father's Day🎈Balloon Color-mixing DIY Craft (Sensorial 🖐️👀👂👅👃 Activities 101 🎥 Series 🎇)." And, see here a 🎥 video post "Paper Towel, Markers and 💦Water 🌈 Color Mixing ⚗️Experiment."